the Alchemy of Soulful Work has moved...
Visit my new home at http://imaginactive.typepad.com/alchemyofsoulfulwork

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

 

When Your Creative Partner is a Duck

(From Ross and Strategize) I found this idea to be an interesting way to brainstorm and work through problems.

You see, I'm a notorious "self-talker." We're the folks you walk by and notice we're passionately carrying on a conversation with ourselves. In dull, conformist environments, this is perceived as a mental difficulty worthy of a few chuckles. But for us self-talkers, its our way of processing information, trying on ideas, working through all the variables.

Now the question is: Is it weirder to talk to yourself or an inanimate object? For me, the answer is: WHO CARES! Better to be the eccentric guy or gal who keeps coming up with incredible and creative ideas. And who knows...it might actually catch on. Imagine everyone in the organization having conversations with life-sized cardboard cutouts of Darth Vader (so Darth, what do you think we should do about that new marketing plan?) or Homer Simpson (so Homer, what should I call the next version of our software?). Now that I think about it, I'm on my way out the door right now to find myself a cutout of Jennifer Garner.


Categories: c.Creativity


<< Home

Archives

September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?